The mission of the School Counseling Department at Gateway Regional Middle School is to provide a comprehensive and developmental program that fosters the academic, career, and personal/social growth of all students. In collaboration with other educators, families, and the community, we are committed to ensuring all students are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to be effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and lifelong learners.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT PHILOSOPHY
All students have a right to services that support academic, career, and personal/social growth
- All students are capable of achieving at their own personal level
- All students have dignity, worth and a right to a quality education
- All students have a right to a safe learning environment
- All students have the right to be heard and treated with dignity and respect
- All students have the right to a credentialed school counselor who collaborates with other educators, families, and the community as an advocate for student success