SCIENCE DEPARTMENT PHILOSOPHY
The science program at Gateway Regional High School endeavors to develop desirable attitudes toward science and an understanding of the role of science and technology in daily life.
SCIENCE DEPARTMENT CURRICULUM GOALS
- Introduce the concepts, laws and processes, which are the foundations of the physical and biological sciences.
- Introduce each student to the scientific method and its application.
- Demonstrate the importance of reasoning skills and critical thinking.
- Integrate scientific knowledge with everyday applications.
- Correlate scientific and technological developments with societal and environmental concerns.